Sunday, May 27, 2012

Music for my Funeral

First of all: DON'T PANIC! I'm fine and there's nothing wrong with me (that I know of). This is just a fun (ok, macabre) exercise. After all, all my life I've come up with playlists in my head and fantasized about the perfect parties that I would DJ at, surrounded with beautiful people with perfect taste (i.e., mine, of course). So why not be the DJ at my own funeral? Yes, of course my funeral would have a DJ; wouldn't yours?

First of all, the no-brainer (heh): I'd start it all with some excerpts from my will for the female guests, wink, wink:



Next, keeping things relatively light, a song that would make my guests reminisce of my penchant for psychedelic music, but also to remind them that from now on, "you can't see me but I can you":



Now, with a smooth transition from early Pink Floyd to a beautiful cover by This Mortal Coil (who else in such an occasion?) of a Syd Barrett song, things get much more solemn:



The lyrics would be quite heart-breaking for such an occasion, and Carolyn Crawley's haunting vocals are just the right fit...

To finish off the proceedings, let's bring in the angels to take me away:



(infinite thanks to Steven Venn for introducing me to this amazing song)

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome but the thanks should go to Pascalle Dugay who introduced Linda to me with a comp she sent me. Ah Bill always a funny guy. I always thought "Come On Up To The House" by Tom Waits would be a good one at mine. I like the sentiment of that one.

    ReplyDelete