Friday, April 16, 2010

Kick Ass!

Just came out of the movies, and am still feeling the rush of the fantastically cathartic Kick Ass! I need to share some its musical goodness with everyone (note: not everything is good in the soundtrack, this is just some of the highlights):

Sparks were a glam-rock duo of brothers with a few relatively minor hits and some unforgettable stage presence. This is probably my favorite song of theirs, and its choice in the Kick Ass soundtrack makes complete sense given its title and its overall feel:



The Dickies were a punk band with a sense of humor. And now I can only smile when I think of the scene in Kick Ass where this song is played.



To finish, I had to explore a little bit to find out what this song was: Zongamin is apparently a Japanese lo-fi electronic musician. Nice tune to dance to:



But don't forget: I can't see you through the screen, but I can kick your ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment